HOW TO DRESS YOUR HOME FOR THE AUTUMN SEASON
As the evenings shorten and the weather gets colder, there is nothing better than a cosy night in. Retreating to our homes is a natural instinct when it gets colder, and as a result we start investing back into our favourite scents and candles which creates a cosy atmosphere in our homes.
Naturally, being at home means spending more time with our loved ones whether this involves a board game, watching a film or sitting by the fire, we want you to feel as relaxed as possible. So, we have put together our top tips for creating the perfect, cosy atmosphere in your home, ready for autumn.
- Candles are already a popular choice to warm up a room! Choosing the correct candle for your home will delight the senses and boost the spirits.
- A soft and comfortable throw is a perfect way to layer your current furniture and create a more inviting seating area.
- Cushions are also a great way to encourage that cosy night in. We love to incorporate different textures, patterns and colours when arranging the cushions and soft furnishings in our designs.
- Adding a rug into your design will warm up the room, especially if you have a hard flooring. A rug can introduce new textures and help zone off an area of the room.
- Lighting is one of the most important factors to consider when adjusting the ambience of your room. For example, the addition of a warm lamp will have a softer effect than a harsh bright lamp would.
Don’t be afraid to experiment with colour, be brave with your combinations, mood board your ideas before you execute them to be sure you love it and you will be rewarded with a cosy, autumnal space. Get inspired by the natural colours that are all around us during this amazing season and be sure to tag us in your transformations on social media.
If you need further advice on how to make quick decor changes to your home for the Autumn season, speak to one of our interior designers in store.
Alternatively, visit our store where we have tonnes of fabrics, wallpapers, blankets and room displays that are set to inspire you for your seasonal interior design changes. We also have a range of gorgeous home scents too that you can explore and purchase while you are there.
See you soon, Crestwood of Lymington.