OUR FESTIVE SAUSAGE ROLL RECIPE
We believe Christmas should be celebrated with good food! We used one of our Caple ovens here in the showroom to make our delicious sausage rolls. The MOTION HEAT + function allows the hot air to be evenly distributed within the oven. It rapidly reaches the desired temperature meaning there is often no need to preheat, saving you time and energy. We are excited for you to try this recipe out for yourself.
8 plain sausages (substitute this with aubergine or butternut squash for a vegetarian option)
¾ tsp of dried sage– plus extra for sprinkling on top
1 grated orange rind
¾ of a 190g jar of cranberry sauce
1 egg beaten
1 pack of ready rolled puff pastry– taken out of the fridge ½ hr before cooking
Salt and pepper
follow us on social media
- Heat Fan oven to 180°C.
- Squeeze the sausages out of their skins into a mixing bowl or if you have opted for the vegetarian option – roast and mash the butternut squash or aubergine
- Add sage, orange rind, cranberry sauce, and couple of twists of pepper to the bowl.
- Mix by hand until the ingredients are fully combined.
- Layout the puff pastry and cut down the centre lengthways.
- Shape sausage meat mix along the centre of each strip of pastry.
- Put egg wash mix along one long edge of the pastry.
- Roll the pastry over the sausage meat mix ensuring the seam is underneath.
- Cut into desired size and place on a baking tray (lined with baking paper).
- Egg wash the top of each sausage roll.
- Add a small sprinkle of course salt and sage to the top of each sausage roll.
- Bake for 20-25mins until cooked through.